Monday, October 12, 2009

So you want to grow vegetables

Of course you do! The time is right, your budget is tight and you're concerned about all the chemicals on your vegetables or the miles your vegetable has to travel to get to your table. So how DO you go about growing your own vegetables? Perhaps you live in suburbia or in the city and you've never grown a vegetable in all your days. What then? Where to start? Don't worry, it can be done. There are about a million books on vegetable growing and gardening, do you have the time to read and digest all those books? No? Well, it's ok, I can help you. You'll have to check back frequently to see what is new here, since my intent is to publish a blog with all you need to know about growing your own vegetables in your own backyard or patio. I have the time this winter to write. I own a small property of five acres and grow for a local farmer's market. I also use a high tunnel (unheated greenhouse) that I purchased from a company called Farm-Tek to extend my growing season. I've been a vegetable grower all my life. I own nearly all those books on vegetable gardening that you don't have time to read, so follow along and we'll get you started.

No comments:

Post a Comment